Friday, January 22, 2021

Why the set knights tournament was so great

 I remember when I got the knights tournament...the sound of the legos rolling around in the sealed box was so great.  Until that point, the 3x1 wedges were just not easy to find.  And every lego picture had roofs with the gradual slopes whereas the 45 degree slope just didn't work as well.

Also, while there was a castle, this set let us see the queen and king as well as other types of knights in the area.

It was just so neat to have the 1x3 slopes, that piece was hard to get...especially si many in the same color.  Also the long poles for the jousting and tree was so different from the usual round top or cone type tree.  This is definitely one of my favorite sets...and as always I remember putting it together on grandmas floor where the horses wouldn't balance because the shag carpet didn't accommodate the 1x2 brick legs!  And the problem I had with that small set and all those castle/town sets was I wanted more legos to make the entire city and world.  It always felt incomplete and I think the reason was good marketing by lego...the catalogs always showed all the sets together so that one just felt incomplete.

From homestylecreate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment