Thursday, January 28, 2021

Putting it all together

 As an AFOL..without kids...you are already a suspect as a weirdo or perv who can't go to discovery centers or chuck e cheese without kids as you are weird and can't be trusted around kids...your crime...you like lego as an adult.  Your only possibility of redemption is saying just the trains...then you may possibly be considered a normal adult 

Well I'm probably go to make it worse by saying a song that inspires me comes from disney....and it relates to lego.   The song has the following lyrics

It's magic

Mirror mirror on the wall

Can you picture me at all

I could be whatever I want to be

I can make my story change

Just like in a picture frame

Magic spells and fairy tails

Pennies in a wishing well


Pick up the pieces

You just look inside


(Chorus)

When you put it together

It's magic

You go alacka, alacka zoom

When you put it together

It's magic

All you need is inside of you

So put it together

And go bibbidi, bobbidi boo


Everybody has their chains

Sometimes it's like it never seems

That your wish will change to reality

But if you feel you had enough

Don't you think of giving up

There's no mountain you can't climb

One step at a time


All that you needed

Was there all the time

When you put it together its magic

Song by Brooke Allison and lyrics from Genius.com

So as the song says and as any lego builder knows, often the ideas in your head...you just have to put the pieces together 

Where I stumble putting big lego sets together is the starting pics in the instructions...it seems so far away from what the final model looks like i.e. building the death star...

So to wrap up, I'm an adult liking lego and a Disney song....no I don't wear a tutu while playing with legos and I skip the bippity boppitty part of the song when singing along



I almost bought it for the cool transparent blue pieces..could make an interesting feature for an airport terminal i hope to create...

No comments:

Post a Comment