Sunday, January 24, 2021

Yet another picture that inspired me to want more..greedy but i was only 12ish

 The lego idea book 226 was one of my favorite things I ever bought at Gold Circle.  The pictures just had pieces that as a kid, I couldn't get.  I think one of my favorite picture was the machine.  Unsure what its function was, but I wanted the cool small black tiles and the 2x2 round pieces in black as well as the slopes.  And the tall yellow slopes, I knew where I could get those. It was from the yellow castle.   I didn't have any gears though.

FROM THE LEGO IDEA BOOK 226 FROM LEGO COMPANY
I thought it was so nice to see a creation with a consistent color scheme.  Id really only seen that color coordination in the lego catalogs with one universal building set...yellow and black or blue and  red 733 and 404 below...(from bricklink on google image search)

The interconnected aspect was need to...an entire sprawling complex all connected together!  But to this day...what was the purpose!!!!...who cares, its just cool!


This set always made me think of the mousetrap game and a metal steam engine we had for a science experiment as well as the lego expert builder engine



Lego could always fuse everything a kid thought was cool together in one kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment