Saturday, January 23, 2021

The problem that plagues lego planes in my opinion



 I think one of the biggest problems with lego has always been how to make a cool front tip of airplanes.

For example, my first lego set was the learjet...


The plane is great except the fron just needed to be smoother.  Then this plane came along


The roof just appeared to be too high although the front was smoother

Another example 


Although pretty close in appearance,  the length of the plane helped the roof not seem too thick


This set above was in my opinion so good with the low profile roof and then the slope off the cockpit in the back aspect. 

 

Thus plane looked so good to me but the bubble cockpit is so disproportionate...it looks like a ufo or from the Jetsons.  The style was just like the one below

So now we had the early cockpit covers and noses that just didn't create the realism I wanted...now the plane below really fixed the cockpit cover issue


I think the plane above looks good, the canopy goes with the plane!
but then three awesome ideas came along that I had to buy (4 of each!)

Lego perfected the plane with the 3 best style of planes ever made




In my opinion these were the neatest planes lego created!  They looked real, were minifig scale, has sleak styles and good color schemes.  Quite a way away and about 43 years from my learjet first set


Final thought:  the lego 787 dreamliner

I think this plane was so neat and the wings were awesome being made of plates vs one huge piece.  Its the blue cone nose


It always looked so great and then they just stuck a cone on the front.  The way the tiles and square edges of bricks made such a neat plane.  But that blue cone just ruined the set for me.

The new 2020 jet had such a neat front

That looks to me more like the 787.


Interestingly to me is how cobi (ill never settle for non lego, but just the design solution is good on their 787 and 777x.




Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment