Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Open concept buildings

I remember early in life playing with a friends police station...it was so primitive and the building really was a backdrop for the vehicles and minifig silhouettes.  Then I learned in 2004 that set 493 existed.  I thought it was neat as I didn't know this existed as a kid.  On a Wikipedia site I learned an important fact about set 493/926...it was the first time you could see inside and play inside the building.

Compare the closed building without interior access




The building in space had an open room...same for cars


So much better having open options for play inside as well as outside of the building...look where this has gone




So lego  has sure come a long way...here's to future great sets!!!  What a difference 43 years makes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment