Monday, February 15, 2021

More observations on lego stereotypes

 I have noticed just this year since November that target is getting more diverse and more expensive lego sets.  The boxes are black to indicate the toys are for grown ups







So in my opinion these sets are so specific for adults, the box tells you that 18+ implying that kids can't play with these and the adults welcome sign kind of indicates these are adult sets.

A recent article I read stated that adults like relaxing and following some one else's instructions, there's no mention of just creating what you want with legos.

So I came home and saw a neat link for clearance legos that let me to Walmart website and it said
Legos are listed here as "shop for boys", after all the attempts by lego to destroy the myth that legos are for boys.  I think lego did good coming up with different ideas for sets, but people unfamiliar with lego sell them or think that they are boys sets or girls sets or adult sets.

I guess I just wonder where this is going...are we going to have an adult, a kid, an age range on the box that people need to follow.  I just miss the sets with limitless potential and alternate builds.

And the prices are so high because of licensing fees...  in my area, these black box adult sets aren't moving since early December 

So keep being creative and play well with your own passions and ideas even if you're young or older!

No comments:

Post a Comment