Tuesday, February 16, 2021

A journey of a thousand miles

 Sometimes I remember when I was finishing college and volunteering in a hospital dept. How overwhelming it felt knowing the amount of schooling I knew I would need.  At the end of the tunnel from the garage to the hospital there was another tunnel that led to the dept. Where i volunteered.  There was a sign going the other way that said the well known phrase "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." And there was a person walking on the beach.  That picture inspired me and made me chuckle because it took 20 mins from the car to walk where I needed to get.

When I go to build a giant set of legos, I'm always amazed at how the most complicated models begin with a single step, then another and another etc...the beginning looks nothing like the end product.  Sometimes I have trouble seeing the finished product because the chaos of a  pile of lego next to a developing creation.  Sometimes I get too focused on the pile of chaos and feel overwhelmed.  Yet at the end there is such a feeling of accomplishment and you look back wishing you could do it all over because it was enjoyable.  All because you took a single step towards creating something.   I need to remember that when I look at my lego room ..although I like having so many containers and things it feels overwhelming...but after an hour of organizing it starts to look so much better.  

Screenshot from pinterest.de "lego gram"

No comments:

Post a Comment