Saturday, June 6, 2020

Everything I thought about one of my favorite set was WRONG! (AKA will the real space cruiser please step forward).

Lately one of my favorite sets, the Galaxy Explorer (US 497, 928 Europe) was referred to online as the space cruiser set.  I was 100% positive that I (being infallable, always:) ) was correct in referring to 924/487 US as the Space Cruiser.  I noted this discrepancy on several web pages selling the galaxy explorer.  However while perusing pics of old catalogs (thanks to image search on google, I tried to include references), I found this catalog page that makes me unsure which is the real space cruiser?
space cruiser
487/924 referred to as space cruiser

497/928 referred to as Space cruiser

Ok this pic apparently settles it, 924 is the space cruiser and 928 is the galaxy explorer, I wonder if it was a mistranslation in the European catalogs.?...such a significant problem!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment