Saturday, June 13, 2020

Blog entry 25!!! The best lego set ever

For the 25th blog, the most special and important set ever!!  THE YELLOW CASTLE...

I would go to the mall and JC Penney had the castle.  I would stare in awe, even passed the Atari 2600 cartridges to see the mother of all sets.  Only 45 dollars I believe.  The idea of having a bunch of lego in 1 color, knights, a huge building, a drawbridge, horses...it was too much!  After staring at the castle at JC Pennys, I would migrate to kb toys anPenny's, at the castle more because it was usually a dollar or two cheaper.  I cant even begin to pay homage to how exciting the set was.  On the day my parents brought it into my room and woke me up to give it to me, we had to go pick up my brother at a camp, so I had to wait to play with it.  I was dying to open it, the swords the army , the horses...I noticed several people have written so many good blogs on this set so I wont repeat, but it was so meat to be able to start building models with a consistent color scheme.  Yellow legos were great for making huge buildings!
The idea of people from different nationalities and villages coming together peacefully was just fun.  The purpose of knights wasnt for war, but it was a procession of differences coming together to apparently have a meeting or get together to improve the kingdom!  Much like the first blog I wrote where the race cars all came together...

No comments:

Post a Comment