Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Another picture inspiring me to have a lego room

In 2004 I had the 4 city master builders sets and a box of pieces from a flea market.  Then I went to waldenbooks one night and saw "the ultimate lego book" with a picture of "the walker" lego art which in the description depicts trying to walk forward while stuck in the past per the written explanation in the book (dk publishers, 1999 david pickering).  Now from google images named able to see this piece of art again
The idea of this many legos in gray to make a sculpture just mesmerized me.  I bought that book and also a Mars mission master builder book with pieces to build spaceships as I had some wing pieces but no tailwind.  I actually went back the next night and bought the other one.  When I went to check out the woman at the counter said "yeah my husband is collecting lego and wants to be a lego sculpter" and rolled her eyes.  I dont know why but at that moment I said to myself that I was going to do it for real!  Since the internet was pretty new to me, I started to see other lego fans online and then I remembered this new to me website called ebay.  I googled gray legos and at that moment it hit me I could have any legos...however, how to get the $....so I let the idea die until 2005.  Then I ordered gray legos and got mega blocks...I was crushed as they looked like unique legos I'd not seen before...but that was the beginning of ebay for me...(til i got taken multiple times by dishonest people) :(.  I'd love to buy the pieces in the walker, the beautiful gray ladders, gears, bars and clips!  What an inspiring piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment