Sunday, February 27, 2022

Favorite rockets and launch frames

 I love the girder type support that serves as a launch platform.  Unfortunately, many of these sets are made overseas and it is unclear if these are nuclear missiles or explorer rockets to deliver supplies to ISS or to launch another satellite or telescope.  I'm writing this with the assumption that there are no nefarious purposes and the rockets are for exploration!

I have to be honest, best lock is the worst off brand blocks.  They have no clutch power and never fit together fully.  The thing I do like is just the metal support pieces that create detail with simple pieces
This model has the neat appearance of a full support around the rocket.  I also like the crane feature at the top, this is only 1/2 sets that I know of that has the crane feature at the top.

I like the platform above as it fuses non technic elements of support columns with pins and beams from technic elements.  Great scaffolding appearance but minifigs would fall off!
As in the best lock set above. I like the grey support beams

The model above is really neat, love the detail at the top, esp. the cross beam structure on the side

Initially I thought the support structure was too cumbersome.  However,  the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. It would look neater i think in gray but it does have a neat crane structure on top.

This is clearly an idea stolen from lego with the style font of Lego City but again. I like the silver grid support beams.  Even the picture shows the poor quality of the minifigs and the details are sparse.  I doubt the pieces go together as well as the pic show.  Also the rocket hull has huge pieces vs more pieces that could be used for alternative models.

Well, these structures will definitely take off someday!  Lego has done great versions of the rockets and launch pads





This set above is lacking the detail that the newer sets have....


Well back to work, 30 min launch break is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment