Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Where to get good ideas for MOCS part 1

 Here's my problem...too many ideas, not enough action on them!  When I find and then Google my great ideas to what other people have done, there's 50 models that are the same idea but 10. times better than incould build i.e. a Cessna 152, train/subway cars, f15 jets, airport terminals.

However, I do have great ways to get inspiration and ideas for making mocs.  Eventually I'll create one of the ideas.  Here's some good ways to get ideas for mocs...

1) magazines

Any magazine has endless ideas for mocs, usually great pictures on the front cover.  Even the lego club magazine has hidden ideas in the art in the backdrops for the main story...




2) Hallmark store ornaments! And Hallmark store...




















3) Die cast cars/trains (often at cvs, restaurants with gift shops)

And trains!







4)Matchbox. Johnny lightning brand cars...Dollar Tree and target.  Usually bigger car toys are seen at Walmart and Target 









5) isometric art

I stumbled upon isometric art when I looked for airport vehicles to make.  There are some amazing pics...I like that it makes it easier to visualize bricks from the pixels when the art is magnified.

6) plastic model box paintings


Hobby lobby and Hobby shops have plastic models with great art of the model itself and in the background setting where the model is...









7) my favorite..Toys at thrift stores


I had a small hoarding issue at thrift stores due to finding great toys..usually only partially intact








 No idea what the above 2 pics are...some chassis, but cool greeble effect!
I like toys that give a proportional idea of how big the wings, or how much of a chassis is taken up by the cabin vs. Trailer on the truck.




8) General toy aisles at drug stores cracker barrel, tourist sites




Halo and wooden craft vehicles are inspiring i.e. the trains above run on 8 wheels vs. 2 bogies.




9) Military vehicles

Our national guard is always training and driving in convoys.  The trucks are neat to look at and think about the snow and water those vehicles can handle.  I am talking about the trucks more in terms of rescuing people and getting supplies to people in need vs. use in wars









 10) video games, retro and present... buildings/backdrops

This is a newer area for me from 80s games to now...



Above 3 pics from Last Shelter


Above from Wiki, Fandom


Below, Gaming mobile co.


Sky haven video game , steampowered.com

From Daz studio
Again, so many ideas, there just needs to be action!!
Finally, I found a you tube video on how to make a moc....really enjoyed this video here...

https://youtu.be/K11LiEdfQKY.  
It's from small brick city...the host is knowledgeable and I really enjoyed how he thinks of and creates mocs!









No comments:

Post a Comment