Sunday, November 28, 2021

My left corner at the entrance to my lego room

 

The dark corner in my lego room!



Above:Early on, about 2007

Above: Tried the open bin rack but the air vent above made too much dust that fell into the open bins. Also, dark, non transparent storage tubs make seeing/remembering contents so hard.  Their weight warped my shelves even though they were rated to handle it. 

Above:Plastic shelf took a lot of warping (on the top shelf) away vs. metal cabinets or large tubs
Above is a chaotic time of too much stuff bought at one time...summer garage sales were going on.
Above..finally made better use of the shelving but I  had to use shims to make sure shelves didn't lean too far forward


Above:home depot sold the husky brand gray carrying boxes for $18 a piece... I bought 3 of the boxes but only had room on the plastic shelves to stack 3 on shelf
Finally threw away boxes when there was no more room

Boxes started to take too much space





Above...some of the drawer cabinets were so light that I worried they would fall forward even with the slight tilt posterior from the shims under the shelving unit. But even opening another drawer could tip forward, esp the pinkish one (in the above pic at the top)





This part of the basement is always dark making even taking pictures hard without flash





Solution to lighting problem...lamp with 3 60 watt bulbs


So I finally got the boxes broken down and the plastic and metal shelves put up!

No comments:

Post a Comment