Sunday, November 7, 2021

Barnes and noble visit

 I went to a Barnes and noble yesterday and was surprised that there were so many sets there.  What used to be medical books or nursing was so small and Legos have taken their place...maybe playing with legos is the new medicine everyone needs!

From Hustle, Jan 16, 2020 (pre pandemic!...little did we know what was ahead)

I love the architecture display B and N has, as far as I know this was the beginning of the black box style for adults.

I have this urge (controlled) to just start  ripping the boxes apart and building the ultimate creation without instructions...but then the price labels bring me back to reality like smelling salts to a passed out person.

Then there was a large lego area (that used to be all medical :(, its all so online now

The city, friends And star wars sets

All the good sets are behind the counter.  Miss the thrill of taking the box and looking at the box art and alternate builds.  I do like that when a model car or architecture set comes with info about the real structure!  Educational for sure
 
Makes me miss toys r us and cheaper sets that you could look at leisurely..now with what is paid, I would scoffed at getting a black box with fingerprints


Showing off my artwork, tried to do the Empire State building model out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment