Friday, May 22, 2020

akro mills vintage steel drawer cabinets...

By far, the best storage solution for my lego room is the akro mills vintage blue pull drawers!...I dont know why but they look so cool and are steel and durable...the new plastic ones are nice in terms of clean and ready the minute you buy them but they are so flimsy when you dont have them full. 

These needed a ton of goo gone and razor blades to get the labels off and dawn detergent to clean and Clorox wipes!




The drawers look so neat though when full!




Thru pure luck I came across these at flea markets and usually they are full of bolts and nuts...everything that I have no useful skills or talent to use for real world tasks and repairs...I'm only a lego mechanic at best and that only entails changing a 1x1 round red light on a headlight brick at best.
So after removing tons of misc nuts and hardware, the rust has to be removed.  Sometimes I've had to throw out the drawers or entire cabinet because of grease, severe rust or oil
This is the car I changed the headlight on.. very difficult for me being non mechanical.:) :(

No comments:

Post a Comment