Thursday, May 21, 2020

Favorite classic space sets part 2.

X1 patrol craft...I think this is pretty high on my favorites list.  I remember this set was when I seriously wished as a kid I could get multiples!!!  This set has everything one could want including:

Potentially dischargeable missiles (although the back was actually the engine for the ship too-slight problem)

Translucent pieces that gave both red and green...the red used to create the illusion of an afterburner...I still think 4 more on each large cone would have been more cool!


Detail that I think was one of the first creations with "greebling" created by different diameter round parts.  For as quick to build as the model is, the detail and appearance of complexity is amazing.  I think it's the emerging of round and block and angled pieces all together

Brackets that allowed sideways building...usually models built upward but the rocket parts were made with brackets horizontally

Pieces that could in my opinion the best ever alternate builds on the back of the box...there were so many options with the bricks that allowed detail and sideways building.  And the alternate models could all work together, the x1 patrol as a fighter and another that looks like a tanker/transporter.


The last 2 models arent my favorite...but still show options this set could do
I wish lego sets could go back to the alternate models and pieces that were so versatile with endless possibilities (although the creator sets have done this and I think lego has done great with this).

No comments:

Post a Comment