Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Giving my wheel opinion

 Lego has made some improvements to their wheel choices over the years.  Recently I referenced sets 383 and 115 and the hubcaps are so much fancier and more realistic in the 383 set (I don't know much about earlier wheels)

Koop
Above wheels vs set 115 wheels below

Although the wheels above were not developed, they were better than the huge wheels in this set...


The wheel below was never practical except for a train creation i saw on the internet...it does look perfect for a locomotive wheel..not much else in my opinion!

Another initial piece when I was little...


My skills of building my own creation came from placing 4 of these together on a 2x8 plate...I tried to fashion the car after my favorite book at the time...Go Dog Go!




Then lego made another leap forward in wheel history, TREAD


Then the next revolution in wheels...flat plates!
Then these came with more treads
Then the tread tires got bigger as below; I didn't know at the time that these bigger tread tire existed til ebay in 2004!
Then I thought the wheels below came and I never liked them, I thought they looked dumb (and still think so!)



Finally, this wheel came back for the mobile rocket transport...it had been in one of the older universal sets!




From that point on, 1984ish I lost track of all the different types of wheels!!!
All this writing has tired me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment