Thursday, March 11, 2021

In my days, we didnt have....

Ok, I went through lego manuals and ads tonight which I need to pitch, but can't.  I think they'll be worth a fortune or extremely rare, like our beanie babies!





 But what became so apparent and made me feel old is that even catalogs from the year I got married that there's no mention of the internet.   Where was the www.  It wasn't there.

And another thing I found in the pages was one thing that gave such memories...it was the last page of catalogs 




The accessories pages that had hard to find pieces that you could CALL OR MAIL away to get...no net.
I only ordered from that service 1 time to get universal joints so I could pretend to know how to use to make a rack and pinion steering unit!
What a difference the internet made.

Here's correspondence I found with lego in 80s by mail
I felt ike Ralphie in the Christmas story movie when he got correspondence from ovaltene...I didn't have rights and privileges but I was first class!!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment