Sunday, December 1, 2019

Absolute favorite building inspiration pics...part 1 the beginning of wanting multiples of the same piece and in 1 color

I remember when I got lego hospital 555...before the modern day minifigs...that was the first time I had multiple pieces of the same color...both red for the hospital and gray tiles for the drive up squad bay...that was the first time I saw a creation somewhat more realistic than just random color pieces...it also drove me nuts losing one gray tile...the perfect smooth squad driveway now had 2x2 rough patch...too much vibrating for my poor squad patient...
A little later, the lego group gave another reasons to have multiple similar pieces....and this became my favorite lego picture idea...
The ski center and jump (lego group idea book 265, copyright 1981).  The ski jump was lined with the tiles just like the hospital driveway...and the supports were multiple of the gray round 2x2s.  Also of note is that the hospital set had only 1 tree, I had to get multiple trees!!
All pics are copyrighted by the lego group 1980 idea book 6000 and 1981 idea book 265

No comments:

Post a Comment