Sunday, December 1, 2019

Style of my lego room



My vision of style for the lego room

When I was little I had a grandpa who was  locksmith...his basement was full of the small pull drawers and he had carousels of key blanks.  I loved going down there and seeing A workshop where quite honestly I didnt know what a lot of the tools were.
I think in designing my lego room I dodnt want the clean cut completely sterile look.  I wanted to be able to find things but also have the feeling that there might be treasures buried I'd forgotten about to rediscover...without having to pay for new sets.
As I look through the pages of lego rooms, it's funny how there are the afol type, the sterile room type\highly engineering  type rooms and then the worst, green baseplates used as wall paper...I think the only advantage of horizontal  building off walls is practice for horizontal construction in models, so there is purpose, but not for the type of room I imagine.  Actually for kids it's great and creative!
I want to have the look of a workshop where things are worn from constant use and fun building, where a clean slate can be used at any time and any preexisting models torn down to recycle.  I'm to the point where I used to get upset dropping a 1x1 plate on the floor, but now realize theres always going to be dropped pieces that can be lumped together someday when picked up that might make there own model.  I love the idea of random pieces from different sets being put together in new ways.
Last week I found more drawer cabinets for $15 and theyll need some cleaning up but they will help start to tame the legos I cant fit into the lego room yet

No comments:

Post a Comment