Wednesday, October 16, 2019

How I started my lego room

Davidslegoroom, David's lego room.

How I built a lego room and random lego thoughts:

Lego room,legoroom

In 1998 I found a box of legos from a garage sale...sounded fun..I soon had a few hidden in boxes in the closet that I started collecting.
Then at a hospital book sale in 2002, I had another lego find -- a book for kids with legos enclosed..  I bought 4 of them and had a new pile of legos...I thought to myself that I  could make trucks and had 4 minifigs...just like when I was a kid.
Lego master builders

Then in 2003. Walmart did a clearance of tie fighters....I bought 3 and the rest was a blur.  $10 each..at that time they couldn't get rid of them!!
Lego tie fighter,lego star wars,lego walmart

Kmart kept putting star wars sets on clearance too!
I knew there was an issue when my wife said what's going in with legoland in the basement!
I had a life long love of lego...I used to mow 4 yards at 10$-5$ and get 28$ a week where at times, I would buy legos when I could get to kiddie korner toy store..I did that 3 times I think.  Every time I went though I would come home (no matter how lucky I was to have gotten anything) and feel after looking at the catalog that there was a kit that was better that I couldnt afford.  I dreamed of the day I would have an adult income to spend on lego... because all adults get to spend their check in whatever they want...right?
I moved from my first house with about 6-7 medium sterilite boxes, then we moved.
I needed my room to hold our tools and books too.  The room was a woodshop before I lived there!
Lego room, lego storage, lego organization
2006 above
Lego organization, lego storage, lego room
2021 above

On a subconscious level, My Jr. high friend Mike had grandparents who had a whole room of the space legos from 1978-1984.  He also was my chemistry partner in 7th grade; this kid was so smart and organized.  I guess I thought in my head that if I had the cool legos he had as well as the organization skills, I could be smart too.  He could put the sets together so easy while I took forever!!!
Lego room, lego craft


No comments:

Post a Comment